Transactions
of the Azov-Black Sea Ornithological Station

Branta Cover Language of the article: Russian Cite: Belik, V. P., Babkin, I. G. (2010). Toward distribution and numbers of birds of prey within Abrau Peninsula.. Branta: Transactions of the Azov-Black Sea Ornithological Station, 13, 68-75 Keywords: birds of prey, distribution, numbers, North Caucasus, Russia Views: 683 Branta copyright Branta license

Branta Issues > Issue №13 (2010)

Branta: Transactions of the Azov-Black Sea Ornithological Station, 68-75

Toward distribution and numbers of birds of prey within Abrau Peninsula.

V. P. Belik, I. G. Babkin

Avifauna of AbrauPeninsula located at the Black Sea coast between Anapa and Novorossiysk was repeatedly studied in the 20th century by I.I.Puzanov, V.S.Petrov, B.A.Kazakov, A.A.Inozemtsev, etc. Our investigations carried out in 1998-2009 have revealed several new species on the peninsula. Especially noticeable changes were observed in fauna of Falconiformes. Such species as Pandion haliaetus, A. chrysaetos / A. heliaca, Haliaeetus albicilla disappeared, but in recent decades arrived Pernis apivorus, Circaetus gallicus, Hieraaetus pennatus, Aquila pomarina, Falco peregrinus and others. Characteristics of their current distributions and numbers are represented in the paper.

Read the paper in a PDF file