Transactions
of the Azov-Black Sea Ornithological Station

Branta Cover Language of the article: Russian Cite: Poluda M, A. ., Diadichcva A, E. .,Gavris G, G. ., Davidеnko V, I. . (2000). Passerine species composition and numbers in the Stensovsko-Zhebriyanskie Plavni.. Branta: Transactions of the Azov-Black Sea Ornithological Station, 3, 39-53 Views: 671 Branta copyright Branta license

Branta Issues > Issue №3 (2000)

Branta: Transactions of the Azov-Black Sea Ornithological Station, 39-53

Passerine species composition and numbers in the Stensovsko-Zhebriyanskie Plavni.

Poluda A.M., Diadichcva E.A.,Gavris G.G., Davidеnko I.V.

Investigations into the passerine species composition, numbers and distribution in the reed beds of Stensovsko-Zhebriyanskie Plavni (the Danube Biosphere Reserve) were carried out during the breeding, post-breeding (June 1996, July 2000) and migration (August-September 1995) periods. The study was a part of several GEF and WWF projects. Data were collected during route counts and mist-netting rounds in 7 monitoring areas (Fig. I). 14 species of passerines were recorded in the wetlands of Stensovsko-Zhebriyanskie Plavni during the breeding season and 19 species were noted during the migration period. In all monitoring areas Reed Warbler was a predominant species, while major sub-dominants were Savi’s Warbler, Great Reed Warbler and Bearded Tit (Tabl. 1-3). Quantitative estimates of species diversity in different monitoring areas based on Shennon's index (Tabl. 5) and analysis of seasonal number dynamics of different species (Fig. 2, Tabl. 3, 7-8) are given. Some data on distribution of a scarce species - Moustached Warbler are presented. The influence of mosaic habitat structure, as well as some other parameters on the species composition and diversity of passerines are discussed.

Read the paper in a PDF file