Branta: Transactions of the Azov-Black Sea Ornithological Station, 131-153
On the migratory status of some passerine birds (Passeriformes) of Ukrainian fauna
A. M. Poluda
Keywords: asserine birds, migratory status, Ukraine
The migratory status of 17 species of passerine birds of the Ukrainian fauna is considered. The data of the recovery database of the Ukrainian Ringing Centre and the materials of the Lebedivka Ornithological Station (1974-2001) were used. These bird species refer to partial migrants, irregular migrants (invasion species), nomadic and sedentary species.
Read the paper in a PDF file
- Beskaravainy, M. M., Kostin, S. Yu., & Kucherenko, V. N. (2010). Invasion of Nutcracker to the Crimea in 2008/2009. Berkut, 19 (1-2), 153-156. [in Russian]
- Dolnik, V. R., & Paevskii, V. A. (1976). Rybachinskaya trap. Ringing and investigation ofbird migration of the USSR fauna (pp.73-81). Moscow: Nauka. [in Russian]
- Havryliuk, M. N., Iliukha, O. V., & Borysenko M. M. (2010). Invasion of Nutcracker and Common Crossbill to the Middle Dnipro region. Berkut, 19 (1-2), 157-160. [in Ukrainian]
- Herkhner, V. Yu. (1928). Materials for the study of birds of Podillia region. Transactions of Physical-Mathematical Department, 4 (3), 151-192. [in Ukrainian]
- Nowakowski, J. K., & Vahatalo, A. V. (2003). Is the Great Tit Parus major an irruptive migrant in northeast Europe? Ardea, 91 (2), 231-243.
- Pleshak, T. V. (1996). Invasion of Nuthatch Sitta europaea to Arkhangelsk and its vicinities in the autumn of 1995. Russian Ornithological Journal, 3, 20-21. [in Russian]
- Poluda, A.M. (2010). Migratory movements of the Great Tits Parus major (Aves, Passeriformes, Paridae) in the area of the Kyiv Reservoir. Vestnik Zoologii, 2, 125-136 [in Russian]
- Poluda, A.M. (2017). Migratory status of Tits of Genus Parus (Passeriformes, Paridae) in Ukrainian fauna. Vestnik Zoologii. Supplement (in press) [in Ukrainian]
- Poluda, A.M. (1983). Some regularities of seasonal migrations of birds in the area of the Kiev Reservoir. Vestnik Zoologii, 5, 47-53. [in Russian]
- Poluda, A.M. (2011). Spatial-temporal characteristics of migrations of the Great Tits Parus major (Aves, Passeriformes, Paridae) in Ukraine. Vestnik Zoologii, 4, 343-357. [in Russian]
- Poluda, A. M., & Makarenko, A. D. (1987). Some results of ten-year work of the Lebedivka Ringing-point, Ukrainian SSR. The Ring, 132-133, 348-351.
- Poluda, A. M., & Shkapa, S.V. (1976). Migration of passerine birds in the area of Kiev Reservoir. Symposium on the study of transcontinental connections of migratory birds and their role in the distribution of arboviruses. Theses of reports (pp.51-52). Novosibirsk [in Russian]
- Poluda, A. M., & Tsukanova, S. V. (2012). Characteristics of space-time distribution of the Rook (Corvus frugilesus) related to the territory of Ukraine. Branta: Transactions of the Azov-Black Sea Ornithological Station, 15, 103-120 [in Russian]
- Sokolov, L.V. (1991). Phylopatry and Dispersion of Birds. Transactions of Zoological Institute of Academy of Sciences of the USSR, 230. [in Russian]
- Svardson, G. (1957). The «invasion» type of bird migration. British Birds, 8, 314-343.