Branta: Transactions of the Azov-Black Sea Ornithological Station, 122-130
On the issue of migrations of waders on the Dzharylhach Island
E. A. Diadicheva
Keywords: waders, seasonal migrations, dynamics, species composition, numbers, Dzharylhach Island
The article considers the species composition, the number dynamics and the distribution of migrating waders on Dzharylhach Island in spring and autumn of 2001. A total, 31 species were recorded during the ornithological studies of migrating waders, carried out on the Dzharylhach Island. Among them, 22 species were transit migrants, and 9 species were met during breeding and migrating on the island. The data are given about stay timing, the number and the number dynamics for 29 species in spring and 28 ones during autumn migration. 10 rare wader species, entered in the Red Data Book of Ukraine, were observed. The observation confirms a status of Dzharylhach Island as a key area for migratory waterbirds.
Read the paper in a PDF file
- Ardamatskaya, T.B. (2000) Brief description of the avifauna of island Jarylgach. Biodiversity of Dzharylgach: current state and ways of conservation. Vestn. Zoology. Special issue, 74-83; 186-197. [in Russian]
- Ardamatskaya, T.B., Siohin, V.D., Poluda, A.M. (2000) Dzharylgachsky Bay. In The number and location of nesting waterbirds in the wetlands of the Azov-Black Sea region of Ukraine. Under the total. ed. V.D. Siokhin. Branta: Melitopol-Kiev, 145-167. [in Russian]
- Ardamatska, T., Diadicheva, O., Kostin, S., Lugovoi, O., Popenko, V., Tarina, N., Chernichko, R. (2001) New data from IBA territories, determined during 1996-1999 Karkinitska and Dzharylgachska Gulf. National report about the state of the IBA territories of Ukraine. Kyiv: UTOP, 4-6. [in Ukrainian]
- Ardamatskaya, T.B., Dyadicheva, E.A., Lugovoi, O.A. (2003) The current state of migratory groups of curlews on the island of Dzharylgach. Branta: Transactions of works of the Azov-Black Sea Ornithological Station, 6, 108-121. [in Russian]
- Brauner A.A. (1929) On coastal and sandy nature reserves of Ukraine. A trip to the island of Dzharylgach. Ukr misliwiz ta ribalka, 8, 9-12. [in Russian]
- Charlemann, N.V., Shumer, A.A. (1930) Materials to the avifauna of island Dzharylgach in the Black Sea. Proceedings of the Physics and Mathematics. dep. (Vol.XV, 2, pp. 21-30). [in Russian]
- Rudenko, A.G., Chaplygina, A.B., Nadtochii, A.S., Rudenko, V.P., Litvinenko, S.P., Evtushenko, G.A. (2016) Results of the inventory of migratory birds on the island of Dzharylgach in August 2015. Branta: Transactions of works of the Azov-Black Sea Ornithological Station, 19, 99-111. [in Russian]
- Rudenko, A.G. (2013) History of the study and results of the inventory of the species diversity of the avifauna in the district of the Dzharylgachsky National Natural Park. Inventory of biodiversity within the natural reserve fund. A collection of scientific works of the SNBG. Vol.135, 145-154, Yalta [in Ukrainian].