Transactions
of the Azov-Black Sea Ornithological Station

Branta Cover Language of the article: Russian Cite: Chemichko I, I. ., Matsievskaya B, N. ., Diadicheva А, E. ., Khomenko V, S. ., Chernichko N, R. ., Kinda V, V. ., Kirikova A, T. ., Garmash A, B. ., Andryuschenko Yu.A. (1999). Information from the regional database on the ringing recoveries available. Report 3. Waders. Curlew Sandpiper. Branta: Transactions of the Azov-Black Sea Ornithological Station, 2, 220-225 Views: 766 Branta copyright Branta license

Branta Issues > Issue №2 (1999)

Branta: Transactions of the Azov-Black Sea Ornithological Station, 220-225

Information from the regional database on the ringing recoveries available. Report 3. Waders. Curlew Sandpiper

Chemichko I.I., Matsievskaya N.B., Diadicheva E.А., Khomenko S.V., Chernichko R.N., Kinda V.V., Kirikova T.A., Garmash B.A., Andryuschenko Yu.A.

During the period from 1986 to 1999 about 35.2 thousands of waders were ringed by the Azov-Black Sea Ornithological Station including more then 6.4 thousands of Curlew Sandpipers. Most of these birds were ringed during migration: on the Black Sea coast – in the Tiligul Liman (46°3H 'N-31°11 ’E), in the Eastern Sivash – in Dzhankoy Bay (45°47’N-34°3Г E) and near Chongar Strait (46°00’N-34°35E). in the CentraI Sivash – in a bay near v.Tselinnoe (46°()()’N-34°I5 ’E), on the Sea of Azov coast – in Molochniy Liman (46°30’N-35°25’E). The rings from Kiev and Moskow Ringing Centres and from institutes “Vogelwarte Helgoland” (Germany) and "Nazionaleper la Fauna Selvatica” (Italy) were used. Regional computer data bank founded at the Azov- Black Sea Ornithological Station contains information on 79 foreign recoveries of Curlew Sandpipers ringed or recovered in Ukraine and neighbouring areas in the Azov- Black Sea region. These data are published in our paper where information is grouped by the ringing places for Curlew Sandpipers ringed in Ukraine and by places of recoveries for birds recovered in Ukraine and neighbouring areas. All data are given in the following order: ring number, age, date of ringing, coordinates of ringing place, coordinates of place of recovery, date of recovery and recovery details.

Read the paper in a PDF file